Grading & Excavation Contractor’s newest family companion is Forester University, offering online courses and classes on subjects pertinent to our various publications’ areas of interest.
Among the early presentations will be a class titled Designing With Nature. It’s a compost BMP design webinar for green infrastructure and low-impact development, featuring content on:
* Understanding the current state of stormwater management issues
* Principles of low-impact development and green infrastructure
* Introduction to Design Manual, Specifications, and 24 Compost-Based BMPs
* Concepts for truly sustainable BMPs
* Case studies in LEED Green Building and MS4 Permit Compliance Applications
Webinar attendees will learn how environmentally sustainable materials use natural processes to achieve high performance results, and how these practices can be incorporated into a work site’s erosion and sediment control plan. Moreover, the course will show how the BMPs outlined in the new design manual, The Sustainable Site, help restore predevelopment hydrology in LID projects, meet total maximum daily load (TMDL) limits, and contribute to LEED Green Building Credits.
While the webinar is designed to introduce project planners, designers, regulators, and technical professionals to many of the concepts provided in The Sustainable Site, the information is pertinent to the needs of general and earthmoving contractors alike.
You can find detailed information on the webinar at www.forester.net/university/design-with-nature.html.